top of page

History

Shiloh Church was founded in 1853 as Shiloh Springs Christian Church. The first building was across Philadelphia Drive where the cemetery is now. It had separate doors for women and for men (and they sat separately too)! In 1914 a new building was built on the same site and remained until the present building was erected 1955-59.

A major arson fire in 1978 resulted in a Phoenix-like re-birth of the congregation, re-arrangement of spaces in the building, and the addition of our 55-rank Möller pipe organ.

carved image of Christ, as seen in the Shiloh Church UCC narthex
bottom of page